Articles on this Page
- 02/21/12--17:42: _AsiaInfo Bidding Wa...
- 05/13/13--16:00: _News Digest: May 14...
- 03/30/14--16:10: _IPOs: Alibaba In De...
- 04/17/14--16:15: _Enterpreneurs Team ...
- 04/22/14--16:00: _News Digest: April ...
- 05/18/14--16:05: _Big Names Line Up T...
- 08/21/14--16:15: _Private Equity In F...
- 05/05/15--16:05: _FINANCE: Citic, Fos...
- 05/18/15--16:15: _IPOs: Focus Media E...
- 02/21/12--17:42: AsiaInfo Bidding War Erupts, More to Come 亚信联创收购战打响
- 05/13/13--16:00: News Digest: May 14, 2013
- 03/30/14--16:10: IPOs: Alibaba In Demand, Citic Eyes HK Backdoor
- 04/17/14--16:15: Enterpreneurs Team Up In New Private Equity Firm
- 04/22/14--16:00: News Digest: April 23, 2014
- 05/18/14--16:05: Big Names Line Up To Invest In Citic
- 08/21/14--16:15: Private Equity In Focus With New Firm, Fosun Bank
- 05/05/15--16:05: FINANCE: Citic, Fosun Shop In US For Sensors, Insurance
- 05/18/15--16:15: IPOs: Focus Media Eyes Shenzhen Backdoor With Hongda
The confidence crisis for US-listed China stocks has taken an interesting twist with the start of a bidding war for AsiaInfo-Linkage (Nasdaq: ASIA), one of the oldest US-listed China firms. The development underscores the fact that despite questionable accounting practices at many smaller US-listed Chinese firms, there are still many good companies in the market […]
The following press releases and media reports about Chinese companies were carried on May 14. To view a full article or story, click on the link next to the headline. ══════════════════════════════════════════════════════ AsiaInfo-Linkage (Nasdaq: ASIA) To be Acquired CITIC Capital Consortium (PRNewswire) Jingdong Expects Profitability in Next 7-12 Months (English article) Renren (NYSE: RENN) Shuts Down […]
Two of this year’s biggest IPOs are both in the headlines, kicking off what’s likely to become a steady flow of news surrounding upcoming listings for e-commerce leader Alibaba and Citic Group, one of China’s oldest and most successful conglomerates. Citic is the more interesting in this latest pair of news bits, since this is […]
An interesting new player may soon be coming to China’s crowded and highly fragmented private equity scene, with word that a major company has been set up by a group of leading entrepreneurs in Beijing and Shanghai. The company has a hefty 50 billion yuan in investment, equating to $8 billion. The player would be […]
The following press releases and media reports about Chinese companies were carried on April 23. To view a full article or story, click on the link next to the headline. ══════════════════════════════════════════════════════ Yum Brands’ (NYSE: YUM) China Restaurant Sales Improve, Shares Rise (English article) Citic Capital, Sonae Sierra Form Joint Venture (English article) China Mobile (HKEx: […]
Investors may be giving a cold shoulder to many new Chinese companies lining up to list overseas, but one name that’s not having any such troubles is Citic Group, one of China’s oldest and most entrepreneurial financial services conglomerates. Ironically, Citic isn’t even making a formal IPO as it seeks to list in Hong Kong, […]
An exciting trend is building momentum on China’s private equity scene, with a new generation of more entrepreneurial firms taking shape to compete on the global stage with traditional giants like Carlyle (Nasdaq: CG), KKR and TPG. One of the most active of those firms is the privately owned Fosun, which has become a regular […]
Bottom line: Citic Capital and Fosun are expanding their tastes beyond the traditional Chinese preference for distressed assets, reflecting growing sophistication and diverging strategies of China’s emerging private equity buyers. Chinese private equity is in a few major headlines this week, picking up assets in the technology, insurance and retail sectors in the US and […]
Bottom line: Focus Media could complete its backdoor listing in Shenzhen within the next month, kicking off a new wave of similar migrations by formerly US-listed Chinese firms looking for higher valuations from local investors. Faded outdoor advertising specialist Focus Media is inching towards its goal of becoming China’s first formerly New York-traded firm to […]